Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Music Life


Being a Pianist
1:25 AM

Music has been part of my life ever since I was young. I used to see my cousin play his piano and I was amazed on how he can play such melodious songs. At First when my cousin is done playing the organ i would turn it on and play with it but when i press the keys the sounds that comes out of it is unpleasant to the ears. Then after many tries in playing I gave up and said to myself "its hard to play piano" and starting from that day I just listened to my cousin play the piano instead of me playing it.

But when I reached 2nd year highschool. It was summer at that time and my mom asked me to take up piano lesson so I said yes why not give it a try. so their I was enrolled, I was exited and can't wait until the next week. And also I have my younger sister who also took the same lesson as I did. So the day that I have been waiting for arrived and it was around 1pm in the afternoon when we left our house took walked just a couple of mile to ride a jeep. then when we arrived at the place thier were many students like us taking the piano lesson and this Man( Our piano instructor ) was roaming around teaching and telling this and that to the students. Me and my Sister waited patiently, when our turn arrived I was so anxious, exited, nervous and etc. I was sitting infront of a piano and I don't know what to do. I looked back and asked my sister what are we ganna do? then she nodded telling me that she don't know. So this man arrived and started to Introduce himself He is Melvin Corpin a Full Time Musician, Composer and Arranger. So he gave me a Piano Sheet and and thought me how to play it and after the session me and my sister would buy a halo halo before going home.

Music is part of our everyday life you can hear it everywhere not just from the radio but also in our surroundings. Playing the piano is not a gift but it requires commitment, paitence and dedication as years have passed I thought myself how to play morethan just the basic chords by reading books and listening to songs. I cannot say that I am good at it but I can say I know how to play. Until know I have learned to play widow by just listening to songs and playing it it. But I can only play the songs that I like if I don't like it I can't play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment